"Work Safe, Not Hard!"
The Daay Bin Paddle Sweep is engineered to the most current specifications in the industry. The sweep has no dangerous augers to worry about and simply moves the grain with flexible rubber paddles. Explosion proof, all-weather quick change motors and tractor tread tires are among some of the features. The sweeps can be manufactured to fit in grain bins from 15' to 120' in size.
The Daay Power Sweep is available from 15' to 66' bins.
The Daay Power Sweep can be manufactured for bins from 15' up to 66'. It is designed to be fully submersed in grain. It has the ability to perform single or multiple passes. The paddle chain moves grain gently and evenly to the sump. And has a capacity of 5000 Bu/hr. at 350 rpm tightener shaft speed.
- Powered by the Power gearbox so there is no 2nd motor or power cords.
- The drive is driven by the paddle chain, eliminating the need for another power source.
- Has a single, segmented 5"x8"x15" tire.
- It has a flexible pivot joint and stabilizer arms to allow the sweep to move independently from the gearbox. This allows the sweep to adjust to variations in the floor height.
- It has adjustable stabilizer arms to accommodate variations in the bin size and out of roundness.
- The rubber drag helps clean the floor for minimal sweeping.
- The drive wheel is closer to the center of gravity, so the weight of the sweep is transferred to the tire better eliminating the need for a weight bracket.
- The flexible pivot joint transfers the power from the gear box to the sweep and gives you the flexibility to slow down or speed up the speed of the paddle chain to better match the Bushels per hour of the reclaim system. This will prevent overloading of the sweep and reclaim due to excessive capacity.
- The inclined pivot section allows the grain to flow the sump, so not matter if your sump is offset of center of your bin, the sweep will be able to achieve max capacity at any position in the bin.
- There are Pivot kits available for both a new install or to retro fit to your existing power sweep reclaim system.
Daay Bin Paddle Sweep Features
- 5,500 bushels per hour maximum capacity
- Lower input power requirement compared to other sweeps
- Does not plug or stall when overrunning the sweep
- Drive tire size: 13 x 5.00-6 Super Lug (foam filled)
- The tires are designed to slip to keep the sweep from climbing the pile.
- This allows the sweep to clean very close to the floor.
- Designed to be fully submersed in grain
- Housing is made out of 10 ga. Material
- Moves grain gently and evenly to sump
- Explosion proof motor
- Adjustable chain and motor mounts
Daay Bin Paddle Sweep
"We were very impressed with how the sweeps performed in our hybrid rice. They required virtually no help to keep feeding, making emptying our bins much easier, faster, and safer than with our old auger-type sweeps."
"We have found using the Daay Bin Paddle Sweep to be a much more efficient method of cleaning our bins versus our previous practice of using a grain vac. We use our paddle sweeps in 56 different bins multiple times a year. Our testing has shown better seed quality by using the Daay Sweep. Our employees have embraced it because it makes their job easier and safer. The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority".
"After we installed our first Daay Bin Paddle Sweep, my guys said if I didn't put Daay Sweeps in the rest of our bins they would quit."
"It took a lot of convincing for me to take that first step and buy a Daay Bin Paddle Sweep and I'm glad I did. We were looking for an economical way to meet OSHA guidelines, especially in our small bins, and there just wasn't anything out there. Three years ago this was an unsolvable problem. Now, it is solved. We are even considering the Daay Bin Paddle Sweeps for our flat storage buildings".
"As an operation's manager for a large co-op with multiple locations I need to look at safety, quality, and value when purchasing grain handling and storage equipment. When our team discovered the Daay Bin Paddle Sweep back in early 2010, I first found it somewhat hard to believe. After we tried our first one, I was a believer. We've purchased about a dozen since then and spread them throughout our locations. Our employees love them and they've made their jobs much easier. They are very safe to work around which is our No#1 priority, work well with any commodity, and save our co-op members money on capital improvements."